Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Melbourne Cup

Avery and I attended our first Melbourne Cup party today that one of the moms from my mom's group hosted and had a fabulous time! I made guacamole because the Mexican food in Oz is generally terrible, so I thought mine might impress and it did! No one here uses cilantro in their guac, which to me is essential (they actually call it coriander), so it was a hit. Avery wore a dress and our version of a fascinator and I wore a dress and heels, which I never do especially when walking Avery in her stroller. My horse came in second in a photo finish - so close to winning our jackpot at the party. Everything about the MC reminded me of the Kentucky Derby. The fashion and the hats were beautiful and exciting. The weather in Melbourne looked really cold though, but it didn't stop the summer dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment